Academic Areas: Power electronics
Research Interests: Power electronic devices and packaging, Pulsed power devices and applications, Wide bandgap semiconductor
· A power electronics expert, Lin Liang is the Associate Professor at Huazhong University of Science and Technology’s School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering. Her research spans modeling, optimization, process and application of power semiconductor devices. She focuses on areas such as: semiconductor pulsed power devices, power electronic devices, wide-bandgap semiconductor devices and their packaging. She is published in the leading scholarly journals in power electronics, such as IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics and IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science. She is currently the PI of a project funded by National Natural Science Foundation of China and several other projects sponsored by institutions and companies.
Ph. D in Electronic Science & Technology, 2008, Huazhong University of Science & Technology, Wuhan, China.
B.Sc in Electronic Science & Technology, 2003, Huazhong University of Science & Technology, Wuhan, China.
2011-Present: Associate Professor, Huazhong University of Science & Technology;
2014-2015: Visiting Professor, NSF FREEDM System Center, North Carolina State University;
2010-2011: Assistant Professor, Huazhong University of Science & Technology;
2008-2010: Postdoctoral Researcher, Huazhong University of Science & Technology.
· Lin Liang, Ming Pan, Ludan Zhang, et al. Positive-bevel edge termination for SiC reversely switched dynistor, Microelectronic Engineering, 161 (2016) 52-55.
· Changdong Chen, Lin Liang. Investigation and comparison on switching performance of semiconductor pulsed power devices, IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, 2015, 43(9): 3304-3309.
· Lin Liang, Cheng Liu, Changdong Chen, et al. Study on switching characteristics of reversely switched dynistor with an N-buffer layer, IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science,2015, 43(6): 2032-2037.
· Lin Liang, Quan Wei, Yuehui Yu. Two-dimensional numerical model and turn-on performance simulation of reversely switched dynistor, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 2014, 29(1): 522-528.
· Liang Yu, Lin Liang, Feilong Li, et al. Design and study on efficient triggering circuit for reversely swithed dynistor, IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, 2014, 42(2): 350-357.
· Yu Yuehui, Liang Lin. Pulsed Power Devices and Their Applications. Beijing: China Machine Press, June, 2010.
· Lin Liang, Changdong Chen, Fang Luo. Numerical model and experimental study on comparison of semiconductor pulsed power devices, the 31st Annual IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition, Long Beach, CA, USA, Mar. 20-24, 2016, pp. 2981-2985.
· Lin Liang, Yuxiong Shu, Ludan Zhang, et al. Orthogonal optimization design for structural parameters of SiC reversely switched dynistor (RSD), the 28th International Symposium on Power Semiconductor Devices and ICs, Prague, Czech Republic, Jun. 12-16, 2016, pp. 491-494.
· Lin Liang, Ludan Zhang, Ming Pan, et al. Reversely switched dynistor: from Si to SiC, 2016 IEEE International Power Modulator and High Voltage Conference, San Francisco, CA, USA, Jul. 5-9, 2016.
· Lin Liang, Alex Q. Huang, Cheng Liu, et al. SiC reversely switched dynistor (RSD) for pulse power application, the 27th International Symposium on Power Semiconductor Devices and ICs, Hong Kong, China, May 10-14, 2015, pp. 293-296.
· Senior member, Power Electronics Society, IEEE
· Member, Power Electronics Society, China Electro-technical Society
· Member, Special Committee on Components and Devices, China Power Supply Society
Awards and Honors
· Outstanding Post-doctor, 2010, Huazhong University of Science & Technology
· Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation, 2009, Hubei Province